Heads??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so Im wondering what heads would be a good replacement for my TBI 305 since I have a leaky gasket ill be pulling them off anyways. I can pick up some aluminum ZZ3 crate motor heads but I dont know much about them and i cant find much info. Another option that i can get for a reasonable price is a pair of edlebrock performer aluminum heads. Or I already have a pair of vortec heads...are the edlebrocks or ZZ3s very similar to vortecs?? I dont know much about heads but it seems the edlebrocks are pretty much a vortec head only aluminum but I can get the ZZ3s for less than edlebrocks. And with the ZZ3s or edlebrocks Ill be able to keep my edlebrock TBI intake as opposed to using the vortecs and having to by a vortec to TBI intake with is costly. What are your guys opinions on what would be best for a TBI 305 and also while im there ill probably throw in a cam...so whats a decent cam to put in without going extreme and needing a custom tune. What should I look for in terms of duration and lift??

Any help is appreciated guys
Thanks in advance

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
vortec's are a cheap good head and
it all depends what your building for an engine under 400 vortecs should be fine. i was reading about fastburn heads and people who use them say it kills low end

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The only real downsides to Vortecs is the limit to valve lift on the heads as equipped and having to switch intake manifolds. They are pretty good heads.