Headliner help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yzfone

Reaction score
I just pulled my headliner down in my 94 C1500 regular cab, to replace the material, but when I got it down it doesnt have the cardboard type backing, its like one piece of pressed foam. Any body have any ideas on this, or what year truck has the card board that will fit the truck?

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The headliner shell in my Silvy is made of pressed foam too and and I'm not too sure what year they stopped using board shells but never the less, after you remove the fabric you'll have to scrape the old glue off the shell before recovering it. I personally prefer to pull my own shells and remove the fabric and then take it to a professional interior shop and let them scrape, prep and recover the shell. The glue they use is 10x better than anything you can find on store shelves and makes for a much better job. Cost me $80.00 a few years back when I had mines done and I haven't had any issues since.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The headliner shell in my Silvy is made of pressed foam too and and I'm not too sure what year they stopped using board shells but never the less, after you remove the fabric you'll have to scrape the old glue off the shell before recovering it. I personally prefer to pull my own shells and remove the fabric and then take it to a professional interior shop and let them scrape, prep and recover the shell. The glue they use is 10x better than anything you can find on store shelves and makes for a much better job. Cost me $80.00 a few years back when I had mines done and I haven't had any issues since.

x2 also take it to get covered by a pro or unless u wana buy the glue and material but that will cost more than what they willl charge at the upholstery shop

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did mine myself for around $25 2 years ago, and except for a few wrinkles, it looks good and has not fallen down at all.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i just left mine out. didn't think the bare roof looked that bad. recovering isn't that hard but i didn't want to deal with it.

yzfone

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going with the headliner delete option, the pressed foam is deteriorating and I cant see how it could be recovered. I did a friends a few years a go and it looks great, but he had the hard backer for it. Thanks again.