Headlights, dash lights, cd player all dim or go off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcrippledan

Reaction score
Hey all, I searched for a thread describing this and couldn't find one. If there is one I'm sorry for reposting and could you link me there? If not, maybe you can give me a proverbial hand. When I accelerate hard my headlights and dash lights dim and my cd player shuts off. When I let back off the gas they all return to normal. Does anybody else have or have you had this problem?

Just for reference my truck is a 92 C1500 with a carb'd 305 that I did not put in.

Thanks in advance for any help given!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Bad coil? Poor grounds? Slipping belt? Alernator alternating? Battery batting? That's the stuff I'd be checkin'.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
x2 sewlow58 - I'd check if the belt is slipping and that the alt and batt are doing what they should. Sounds to me like it's a slipping belt.

bigcrippledan

Reaction score
Hey guys totally found the problem and fixed it. It was a total d'oh moment. The freaking ground from the battery to the body was barely connected. I guess sewlow would say the ground wasn't groundin'. Haha thanks for y'alls input. it's very appreciated! :)