Headlight Shopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
As the title says I've started to look around for some new headlights for my 98 GMC, figured I'd see if anyone could just create a shortcut for me lol.

I want to find a set that includes, headlights, running lights, and parking lights. I'd like a dark set of aftermarket ones but quality is a concern. I see a lot of people talk about headlights that they've had work good for a year or two. That doesn't sound good to me seeing how my originals are 16 years old and still going strong.

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aftermarket lights for these trucks are horrible.....Stock is worse. But you can make a nice retrofit HID setup yourself for about $200-250 and have WAAAAY more vision that before and it will look nicer as well. :)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not all aftermarket lights for these trucks are terrible, it's just kind of a crap shoot. As discussed in a different thread recently, most of them come from the same manufacturers regardless of the brand on them. Also I personally wouldn't recommend HIDs unless you plan on building your own set of projectors, these housings weren't designed for them and that would be unpleasant for other drivers to say the least.

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I should have specified Retrofit HID Projectors. I just did mine and couldnt be happier. Used SubWarrior's How To.