Headers for GMT with a big block?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I'm working on an engine swap for my 93 C1500, going with a 496 big block, and I was wondering if anyone who has a 454 or other big block has swapped to headers, and if so what brand and part number if you remember worked for you? I was looking on Summit, and it shows that Hooker has part number HOK-2461HKR. I looked at the reviews, and one person said it fit on an 89, but then another said it didn't fit their 92. Obviously both should be the same, but i'm just curious if anyone has done this. Thanks!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Zoomies dump out both sides and each cylinder had its own pipe.

X2. I wonder if you could consider no headers/manifolds to be MEGA zoomies?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

EDIT - Timestamp didn't work, the real fun starts around 2:19.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
X2. I wonder if you could consider no headers/manifolds to be MEGA zoomies?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

EDIT - Timestamp didn't work, the real fun starts around 2:19.
man, I used to watch all of Davidsfarm videos till he got kicked off of youtube

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
man, I used to watch all of Davidsfarm videos till he got kicked off of youtube

Yeah, it's a shame he's such a troubled dude. He had one of the most entertaining YouTube channels I've ever seen.

eden sanchez

Reaction score
I'm working on an engine swap for my 93 C1500, going with a 496 big block, and I was wondering if anyone who has a 454 or other big block has swapped to headers, and if so what brand and part number if you remember worked for you? I was looking on Summit, and it shows that Hooker has part number HOK-2461HKR. I looked at the reviews, and one person said it fit on an 89, but then another said it didn't fit their 92. Obviously both should be the same, but i'm just curious if anyone has done this. Thanks!
hey brotha, i got a 496 stroker thats almost done being built. going in my 97 c1500 extended cab, what headers did u use. well what rear end did u end up going with?? ive been looking everywhere fro somone who has done a bbc swap in a c1500 but not very infromative