Header help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
says fits squares basically, but I don't see why the fitment would work. But what about emissions and the OBD-II bs?

Dan96c1500

Reaction score
Not worried about emissions.

I kno they will fit engine jus not sure if they will clear body and other stuff beings the 20 year diff between engine and body

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Dan96c1500

Reaction score
That sounds like a really bad idea. Why throw away power? The '75 cylinder heads are garbage, and you're giving up the roller cam, too.

Yea wat iv heard old motor was shot.. jus need to know what will fit..

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ot will fit in the 96, but your 96 trans is electronic and the 75 is not. You will need to look at a bunch of carb swap videos. The electronics from the 96 will not work on the 75 engine. There are people who have swapped a carb on a vortec, and made it work. From what I have seen, mostly on you tube, if you hook up all of the grounds from the 96, the swap should work. There was an argument on here about the carb swap not working with a 4l60e teans, but another member said he did the swap, and it works rite.

Dan96c1500

Reaction score
Ot will fit in the 96, but your 96 trans is electronic and the 75 is not. You will need to look at a bunch of carb swap videos. The electronics from the 96 will not work on the 75 engine. There are people who have swapped a carb on a vortec, and made it work. From what I have seen, mostly on you tube, if you hook up all of the grounds from the 96, the swap should work. There was an argument on here about the carb swap not working with a 4l60e teans, but another member said he did the swap, and it works rite.

I got a fresh rebuilt th350 im putting in it

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a fresh rebuilt th350 im putting in it
So thats good, but what about your gauges. You will need new gauges or at least you will need to ground the OE gauges to get them to work, and the speedo in the truck wont work because the 96 speedo runs off of the VSS, and a TH 350, uses a cable. So, your easiest bet would be a set of after market gauges, including speedo. Just passing along info for you. I looked at carb swapping my 97 5.7 - 350. It can be done, but it aint easy.