Has anyone did the v6 to v8 swap in their 91 chevy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z28camaro1996

Reaction score
Im about to start the swap and I was wondering if the motor mounts bolts right up or do I have to move them?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Im about to start the swap and I was wondering if the motor mounts bolts right up or do I have to move them?

I did the swap you will need the motor mounts, the ones for the frame AND the ones for the engine, no way around it, 4.3L mounts are flipped around (Rubber one engine, clam on frame) and are in the wrong spot.

z28camaro1996

Reaction score
Thank goodness I need new motor mounts. Sounds like a pain in the butt. I have the motor on the stand so no going back now. Are there any other worries to look out for be sides computer stuff like that?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Thank goodness I need new motor mounts. Sounds like a pain in the butt. I have the motor on the stand so no going back now. Are there any other worries to look out for be sides computer stuff like that?

Umm, other then that, pretty straight forward, i went from TBI-Carb so i have no clue about the computer stuff.

Good luck!

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive done it. Its plug and play. The only thing you will need is a 350 computer. Everything else was the same.

z28camaro1996

Reaction score
good deal. The v6 will be out tomorrow. and i have to get new motor mounts then in with the 350.

k1588

Reaction score
v6 to v8

I did the swap you will need the motor mounts, the ones for the frame AND the ones for the engine, no way around it, 4.3L mounts are flipped around (Rubber one engine, clam on frame) and are in the wrong spot.

im doing a v8 swap aswell and im trying to figure out this motor mount ordeal. my trucks a 92 k1500 4x4 and i unbolted the plate from the frame with the v6 mounts on it, so what is my next step boys? i buy the v8 mount that bolts to the frame? please help i want to drive this beast. ive got new energy polly clam mount and the other part of the mount that is already bolted to the block.