Halogen Bulbs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC97

Reaction score
What halogen bulbs is everyone using? Don't care anything for HID's, just something that is brighter than what is on my truck right now. I had PIAA's in my last truck but
damn they are expensive. Any suggestions, comments or opinions?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Sylvania Sylverstar Ultras are the bulbs everyone says are really bright. That's what I'll do soon.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sylvania Sylverstar Ultras are the bulbs everyone says are really bright. That's what I'll do soon.

Awesome bulbs I had them in all 3 trucks at one point but they didnt last long so thats when I went to HIDs if you dont want HID look into LEDs.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
i've had the ultras, they are bright........for about 2-3 weeks then it seems like it loses brightness.

Ive had the PIAA 4000k bulbs for about a month, ive been happy with it.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Silverstars aren't good enough, not in brightness nor durability, to justify their price. I found that Wagner TruView bulbs were just as good for half the price.

Look into HIR bulbs. I've had Toshiba HIR bulbs for five or six years now. Expensive, but there are no better road-legal halogen bulbs than these, period. Unfortunately, Toshiba stopped producing them a few years ago. Philips still makes HIR bulbs, but I don't know if they are as good.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went the LED route. Hassel free compared to HID (so far). Hopefully the longevity will be there too.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Silverstars aren't good enough, not in brightness nor durability, to justify their price. I found that Wagner TruView bulbs were just as good for half the price.

Look into HIR bulbs. I've had Toshiba HIR bulbs for five or six years now. Expensive, but there are no better road-legal halogen bulbs than these, period. Unfortunately, Toshiba stopped producing them a few years ago. Philips still makes HIR bulbs, but I don't know if they are as good.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

This ^^^ highest lumens for your dollar while staying with a traditional type bulb, HIR is the way to go. You can even buy them at Home Depot. Takes a very, very easy modification to make them fit - trim a tiny bit off one of the three mounting tabs before you install it. Lots of info on the web including pics on what to trim.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Putting in a vote for the standard GE Nighthawks. Slightly higher power than the factory bulbs, but none of that blue light-robbing tint on the glass that the Silverstars have. I ran Silverstar Ultras and switched to the standard (much cheaper) Nighthawks and noticed a gigantic difference.