haha made my truck diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I can imagine standing astride the front fenders and swinging a sledge down into the firewall....HAHAHAHAHA....don't give me any more ideas lol :p

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I know this is overkill, but it's fully mechanical injection, literally takes one wire to run it, and with the spring-operated mechanical dump valve, it'll roll coal like you never seen!!! It's also a 12v from an '86 :evillol:

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is overkill, but it's fully mechanical injection, literally takes one wire to run it, and with the spring-operated mechanical dump valve, it'll roll coal like you never seen!!! It's also a 12v from an '86 :evillol:

Sweet!! I'll be interested to see the finished product

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh it'll still be a while, this 6.5l still has alot of life left in it. Cylinder leakdown test a while back showed all >90% when warm, lowest 83% when cold, so gonna run it till it wont crank off it's own lack of compression.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh it'll still be a while, this 6.5l still has alot of life left in it. Cylinder leakdown test a while back showed all >90% when warm, lowest 83% when cold, so gonna run it till it wont crank off it's own lack of compression.

Yeah mines sorta long term also, I've been browsing through CL for a few months looking at '94-'97 F250s, I'm trying to find a solid one with a blown IDI or 460 with the XLT package, I've found a few around the 1k mark, but only having had my truck a few months, I don't wanna piss of the old man with another truck, and I've gotta get mine fixed before I do anything

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, plus I gotta get my 95 finished first....if I started another project, I'd have nothing fun as a DD. No way am I showing up to work in the monza....I have a reputation to hold up :p pffft yeah right....

nickl011

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah mines sorta long term also, I've been browsing through CL for a few months looking at '94-'97 F250s, I'm trying to find a solid one with a blown IDI or 460 with the XLT package, I've found a few around the 1k mark, but only having had my truck a few months, I don't wanna piss of the old man with another truck, and I've gotta get mine fixed before I do anything

Go for the 460. 94-97 F250s that were diesel powered were powered by the early powerstroke. People still think these things are worth its weight in gold, at least around here they do. 7.3 IDI quit production mid 94 with the rare turbo IDI 7.3