Had intake leak and now what

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carcanken

Reaction score
The engine is a 5.7. I have che kwd the local yards and there are no used ones. We'll see what happens from the shop.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez Louise !
did a brief search for a New replacement LOWER intake manifold for L31 Vortec 5.7L V8 --- seems neither GM, Dorman et al offer them now. that leaves little else but:
, epoxy, flat-file etc
cross that soon to fail quick fix off the list.

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez Louise !
did a brief search for a New replacement LOWER intake manifold for L31 Vortec 5.7L V8 --- seems neither GM, Dorman et al offer them now. that leaves little else but:
1) DIY fixing what you have via weld, epoxy, flat-file etc or
2) finding a good used one (fleabay etc choices are crazy $pricey$) or
3) having machine shop weld/resurface etc.

if ya got one that's weeping coolant now, try and get to it and fix it ASAP; before further corrosion.
I pulled two at the salvage yard. If you don't care about any other components you can get them off pretty fast. It's a good thing too because the first one was warped. Just my luck. I paid a guy to install the second one and it has held for four years.

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled two at the salvage yard. If you don't care about any other components you can get them off pretty fast. It's a good thing too because the first one was warped. Just my luck. I paid a guy to install the second one and it has held for four years.
How & when did you find the first JY manifold was warped?
Was it discovered only after you had installed it and it failed?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is a brand new one on Amazon
Acdelco 17113201 for stupid money $780.00.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
seems Dorman's 615-300 sub-par lower intake for L31 has been discontinued.

crazy! 'bout 8 years back, a local yard paid my friends to install an L31 for their customer, it has a slight rattle so it had to be replaced; and my friends got paid once again to R&R motor. First one ran good but slight rattle. JY owner so pizzed he sold me that "bad one" for $100. I've still got it , still sitting on a stand. Cannot be any worse than a crank needing regrind; probably far less.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's too stupid for me; Anything more than $200 New ain't on my radar.

Big fan of L31 but, thanks all the same.
If you think that’s bad, look at this. I’ve been “Watching” this for over a year and it actually just jumped up a couple hundred dollars.