Grandpa truck needing advice on B/S for coys .... the build start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tellis

Reaction score
Corey you ever check on that bumper? And the shocks seem to ride alright maybe a little soft never owned anything lowered and havnt really drove many lowered much so don't really have much to compare but I think they may be a little soft I need to get my front end aligned where you take yours to

grzmnky

Reaction score
back from the dead.... what backspacing did u end up ordering and what size tires were these?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda crazy to look back on older posts, I would have recommended the opposite of what some others did.

ok so I baught this 97 used to be an old mans it was a steaaaaal and couldn't turn it down had 112k on clock when baught... plans 4/6, coys, cowl hood
parts ordered
-street scene mirrors
-cai
-4/6 McGaughys
soon will be coys and cowl hood for now

my problem im wanting to buy the coys c-5 20"s f-20x8.5 r-20x10's
bs on 8.5 is 4 3/4 or 5 1/4???? bs on 10 5" or 5 1/2 im not really sure what bs to use I also dont want to run a rubber band tire but not a big tire thanks for any help oh and any pics of obs with coys would be nice.....

pic of truck sorry its kind of big
You must be registered for see images attach

On a 4/6, drop - with the 8.5" front wheels I would have gone 5.25" backspacing without question, and rear 10" wheels the 5.5" backspacing. Not sure what he ended up choosing.

For me, 5~5.5" has been the comfort zone for the front on an 8.5" wheel.

Here's a recent example, 20x8.5 front with 5.25" backspacing, and 20x10 rear with 6" backspacing:

Front tires are 255/45/20 and rears are 295/40/20

Richard