Grandpa’s Wild West K1500 moves to FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mckee1710

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New to the forum. About a month ago, I get a call from the CPA handling my grandpa’s trust saying he willed me his old truck. “It’s pretty old, and probably not worth much, but it’s yours if you want it.” A few days later I get all the details.

1997 K1500 Silverado with 51,000 miles. Grandpa was the original owner and maintained it to a T. Being a 2nd vehicle, it spent most of its life in his garage out in Wyoming. No wrecks, no damage, spotless inside and out.

Truck was shipped on a flatbed 2300 miles to me here in FL. Didn’t waste any time on suspension and wheels/tires to get er looking the way I wanted. She gets lots of love everywhere.
You must be registered for see images attach

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
That's some insanely low miles! I honestly like the stock look better, but the new wheels aren't bad. Any interior photos??

mckee1710

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's some insanely low miles! I honestly like the stock look better, but the new wheels aren't bad. Any interior photos??

I figured there’d be some opposition on the wheels. I may revert back to stock look at some point in the future, but for now I’m about em. Interior pics:

jhama78

Reaction score
Nice Ride, I dont mind the wheels but I would also keep the stock wheels as well. That thing is a tint job away from being even better looking. :peace::peace:

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that tire and wheel combo looks great on there personally. I also agree on the tint, get the windows done and it'll look even better.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry man. Should of left the stockers on there with some new tires. Looks way better than the aftermarket wheels imo. But as long as you like it.....
Congrats on the truck. Sorry about the way it was given to you. Condolences for your loss