Got front RCX lift on, few questions.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished the lift on the front of my truck, it's a 6" RCX. Everything went real smooth, everything fit alright... the diff needed some prying to get the mounts in but other than that it wasn't too bad. I noticed the driver side brake line is twisted really weird.. and is rather close to the steering/exhaust. It's about 3.5" from the manifold and it is pushing another line really close to the steering shaft, about 1/4 inch close! The pass side went great and no probs.. but on the driver side it just don't look right. Anyone with this lift, could you take pics of your driver side brake line? My brakes work fine and when I bled, it had excellent pressure, so there's no kinks, but it kind of worries me the line is twisted like it is.

Edit: And another thing, I'm curious how much droop travel others have with the lift. I'm not sure if my front is too high yet, it's actually cranked down about 1 and a half turns from where stock was because it was against the bump stops. When I get the back done I'll know if it's not right I guess?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as far as travel goes did you rock it and try to get it to settle down? It stays high somewhat anytime you jack it up, then settles as you drive. Rocking it and trying to bounce it up and down can help some, biggest thing is to drive it to settle it.

As for the brake lines that sounds weird if they were not before because they mount to the frame, and then longer hoses for the front wheels right? That should not change the lines since it's not a body lift the hard lines should stay the same. I've not done one but seems weird to me. The last truck I did was an 86 and it had brake line drop brackets to move the hardlines, that would change them if your kit had them, but if that's the case should be able to bend them out of the way.

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I drove it, but only about 10 feet back then forward lol. The camber was off sick like so i drove it and straightened the tires a little. The kit does relocate the hard lines. Usually they are straight with the upper control arm bracket, and the kit moves them past the bracket, and then pointing down.. I don't see why they didn't just include longer flexible lines. It's kind of a stupid design on their part.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
agreed, I was under the impression they came with longer flex lines.

Good info tho, If I buy one I'll be buying some extending stainless ones.

Studio54

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i ran into terrible design on brake locations and RC stopped including brake lines. Made me angry as well.

Pics?

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I wonder if I would have this problem if I got one of these lifts, I re-routed my brake lines. lol.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Mines a 4 inch RCX but same as 6 so shouldnt be much different. Heres how my break line is.

You must be registered for see images attach