Gordinho80's 1995 GMC K1500 Z71 - "The Red Devil"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Purchased "The Red Devil" as my first TRUCK in order to have something to haul things in, tow with, and possibly do some snow plowing with.

1995 GMC Sierra K1500 Z71 Extended Cab Flareside
350 TBI 5.7 Automatic
197k miles when I bought her

You must be registered for see images attach

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/2013
Red Devil's first "truckly" task: Flat tow my non-functional 2004 Trailblazer about 30 miles. She handled it like a champ!

11/2013
First mod: HID headlights transplanted from my currently non functioning Trailblazer

11/2013
Hummer H3 wheels with 285/75-16 General Grabber ATs (Also a Trailblazer transplant)
Cranked front keys a few turns to level her out a bit

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Snow Plow installation:

This little project spanned a couple of months... So I will just put all the details and pictures in this post.

Picked this guy up on craigslist for a steal!!!

Started working on the mount... 1/2" steel plate spanning the frame horns, bolted to frame where tow hooks would be.

Another piece of steel mounted against the cross member... and 1/2" steel gussets tying the 2 plates together

Mount completed. I configured it in such a way that I can run it without having to relocate the bumper at all. The lower mount will remain on the truck at all times, instead of running the alumnim skid plate... Upper mount/hoop unbolts from top of bumper as do the 1x3 steel arms that also bolt to frame horns.

Installed switches in the pocket under the climate control. Easy enough to reach but out of the way enough that I won't be hitting the switches when the plow is not in use.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1/2014
Fan blade replacement. Wanted a little more airflow to the rad to help cooling while plow is attached and driving. Ordered this from RockAuto.

2/2014

2.5" Rear lift blocks installed

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty cool looks like it has come a long ways with tires and a few lil things. I am getting ready to do the alternator battery starter mine barley wants to start lol.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
This truck looks great! Really like the hummer rims

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3/2014
Ultimate TBI Mod, TB spacer, Pod Spacer, new Distributor Cap and Rotor, replaced ripped up Airbag steering wheel with pristine non-airbag X design wheel out of an older year Sierra.

I still want to seafoam the truck, but she's breathing much better now that the TBI is cleaned up and I've added the spacers. Also firing better with new cap, rotor, and plugs.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up the following:

Idler Arm Bracket
Pitman Arm
Outer Tie Rod Ends
Sway Bar Links
Idler Arm
Adjusting sleeves
Inner Tie Rod Ends
Front Wheel Hubs/Bearings

Hoping to get some assistance in putting all this in this weekend... Also hoping to pinpoint the steering fluid leak while doing all of this. Once that is all buttoned up, I can look for the XJ steering shaft.

gordinho80

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple of months back, someone asked me if I wanted to sell my H3 wheels that I was running. Never one to say no to a good deal, I sold them. I was rolling on the stockers until today. Last couple of weeks, the pass side front tire was leaking slowly. Sometimes faster than others. So started keeping my eyes peeled for a replacement set of tires. Came across an ad on CL for silverado wheels with decent tires. 2 tires are pretty much new, 2 have a little life left in them. I picked them up. $200 locally. Threw them on today. They are steels with the chrome covers, but the tires are the important part for me. They're much better than what I was rolling on. Others had some serious dry rot and 2 tires had plugs in them. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for some 17s or 18s, but these will keep me rolling safely for a while. I just have to cover the bowtie with GMC logo. Gonna get some decals done for that.