Going to get EBL!! What cam and intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BulldogSS

Reaction score
So I’m using my stimulus money to stimulate the truck. Going to just jump both feet in and order the EBL set up. I’m looking for some advise on a cam and intake set up that a novice like me would have a decent shot at getting dialed in. I’m sure there are options that a experienced tuner could get right that a newbie should steer clear of. I’ve seen that a performer rpm has been a popular option but I’m open to anything that’s going to be an improvement. Performer, eps, Weiand, Holley. I’ve also had a few cams suggested and I know although they may have similar specs that doesn’t mean they will behave similarly. Or that one or the other will be much harder to tune for.

350 tbi
Stock except for flowtech ceramic shorties with y pipe and 3 wire o2. Also has some kind of 2 hole tb spacer with the plastic collar removed. Fpr is adjustable with upgraded tpi fuel pump. Running right at 11.5 psi. Fresh tune up with what looks to be the original dizzy with “369” module and original coil.

cams that have been suggested:
Comp xe 12-234-2.
256/268 212/218 .447/.454 110
Lunati voodoo 10120701
256/262 213/219 .454/.468 112

Also I should add I’m open to removing the egr and/or slotting the center intake mounting holes to open up more intake choices. Also open to any advice as far as do’s and dont’s.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your truck runs/drives now, go ahead and install the EBL and figure out the basics before you change anything. The learning curve is much smaller on a stock engine.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for some advise on a cam and intake set up that a novice like me would have a decent shot at getting dialed in.
I have the Edelbrock 3704 intake, it was almost a direct swap with minor mods on the brake booster line and accessory support rods. I see now they have to order it from the factory plus I paid almost $50 less 2 years ago.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-3704

You'll want to get a bigger spring (maybe 18LB) for your Throttle Body too, 11.5 PSI won't be enough.

If your truck runs/drives now, go ahead and install the EBL and figure out the basics before you change anything. The learning curve is much smaller on a stock engine.
^^^That's a good idea.

BulldogSS

Reaction score
Prob a good idea to learn the EBL set up on the stock motor.

there’s a 3704 on marketplace for $200 near me. Although I’ve read that there are better options.