Going from 40/60 to 60/40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselDetroit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this is my understanding

1988-1994: 40 on driver side with 60 on passenger side. This is what I currently have, In my regular cab.

1995-2000: opposite, 60 on driver side with fold down armrest and 40 on passenger. Not sure if offered in reg cabs

I have a reg cab, so my understanding is I can only use regular cab or suburban seats since the xcab had an extra piece for sliding forward.

Anyone done this before? I'm hoping its a direct bolt. My truck is going to be registered for collectors plates so no drilling.

Thanks

Last edited:

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I have the 60/40 in my 96 regular cab. I'm not sure if the mounts are the same but the seat did come in the regular cab.

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
When I replaced the 60/40 in my 95 ext. cab with buckets, The 60 bench on the driver side mounted with 3 bolts on the floor and 1 on the hump. I had to drill a hole in the floor for the 4th bolt when going to buckets. The passenger 40 side already had the bolt pattern for buckets.

You will have to look at where the seats bolt to the floor to determine if you have to drill a whole or not.

Logant12

Reaction score
The overall length is the same it's just a matter of where your holes are I put a set of 2012 seats in a friends 2002 and everything is generally the same just a difference in where your holes line up. Just drill holes and take the same bolts from your gmt400 seats and bolt them in.