GMT800 vs GMT400 extended cab leg room

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the leg room in the extended cab GMT800 trucks about the same as the GMT400 trucks? Or is it significantly roomier? Especially if a taller person is sitting in the front seats and has the seat further back.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s been years but I remember the ex cab gmt800 having a little more room but it could have been the interior re style that made it look that way

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Put it to you this way, here's mine; I'm like 5'9"~5'10" if I stand up really straight, so I'm not what I would call tall. My seat is about middle ways back. Rear seat room is tight. More accessible thanks to the rear doors, but roomy only for kids IMO. Pardon the mix-match floor mats; couldn't find correct OEM color for the rear so I've got aftermarket black ones. :(

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Neither are exceptionally roomy. GMT400's are tight back there; 800's are slightly better but not much. If you're looking for room for adults to sit comfortably, go ahead and look at crew cabs.

Richard
My crew cab has plenty of room for us in it, I think even more than the Burb. My brother is 6'5" with size 16 feet, and he has room in the front seat. And it's not even back all the way! I have room in the rear footwell, and this truck could easily be a 3+3 if we didn't keep stuff in the back footwell behind the driver's seat (and put the middle armrest down up front).
But....the cost of all that space is the size of the truck! I looked at a few ex cabs, but decided I wouldn't be comfortable in the back seat.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome thanks everyone! Someone told me they were quite a bit roomier, which got me thinking about maaaayyyyyyybe upgrading from my 98. Sounds like its not worth it! I'm 5'8 and my wife is 5'3, so the 98 works fine with our kiddo in his car seat in the back. A K2500 short bed crew cab is in the future probably. I love my 98 K1500 ECSB though... Tough as nails, hard to kill, cheap to fix.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I had a '99 NBS ECSB GMC Sierra just before I bought my '94 K1500 ECSB. Of course, the buckets in the '99 were separated by a full length console. With the open area in front of the console in my '94 with buckets, it feels like more leg room. That may not be the case, but I think they both were/are about the same.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back... How does the GMT900 extended cab leg room compare to the GMT400 trucks? Better than the 800s or about the same?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back... How does the GMT900 extended cab leg room compare to the GMT400 trucks? Better than the 800s or about the same?
If you need room in the second row for more than a kid seat, or small people or dogs, your options are crew cab or SUVs.....my crew cab actually has a little more foot room in back than my Burb, but I think the seat is not back as far.