GMT400 TOTM #11 "macro shots" submission thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Fuzzy pic but them "too tall " leds look pretty good to me.
You must be registered for see images attach

So bite me :tonqueout:

CrewCab Steve

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you use the switch? I had the same set up and i couldn't use the switch cause no clearance

Sent from somewhere in MN

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Ok, time to get the D3X out.......I'm not sure if the wife has her "good" macro lens here though....I'll try a shot of the compressor on the turbo...

For those using an actual camera vice a phone cam, look for a setting that looks like a "flower" on your selector. This is the macro setting....

Last edited:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
So, quick and dirty.

Quickly messed with lighting and depth of field.

Shot with the wife's D3X and a 105 macro lens. Smallest she has at home, she has a 60 macro at work which could get even closer.

Turbo that was removed from my truck:

Those are some casting numbers down on the exducer section. You can also see the cracks in the blade ends that travel up the leading edge that gave me cause to remove it from service. notice the edges are fuzzed a bit because my focus is the numbers. IN a macro, the distance the blade edge is away from focus is pretty big, so it gets a touch out of focus. My missus is a pro, so she may be able to avoid that. I'm not so my edges "fuzz".

:)

For reference sizing, here's the whole inlet in a bigger picture:

So, that's macro.

:)

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
Can you use the switch? I had the same set up and i couldn't use the switch cause no clearance

Sent from somewhere in MN

Works great. I had that problem with the drivers window switches.

So is this considered a macro or mayne not. I know crappy phone pic but I dont hava a kickass camera to use yet but it is on my list and keeps creeping closer to the top every time AL posts a pic.

CrewCab Steve