GMT400 - Community Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like this tool would work for my CMP offset, probably not for my ABS but I would like to be officially added to the list (not sure how that works or where to find out where someone is at on the list). Is there a way to predict how long it may be before my turn on the list may appear?
Go back a page or two .... until you see the list. Copy it, or "quote" it and read the posts after the list, adding requested names up to the current post. Then post a new list with your name on it.
Here's the latest post with the "list" before your request. Simply add your name to it and repost it.
I'd like to jump in line as well. If I'm reading this right, it'll go as below.
Bugdewde
Illbedipped
Raycecar
N9nefingers/Caman96
Termite
How long can you expect to receive it? Just depends on the issues and people's schedules.
Well .... one guy had it 2 months.
I only needed it for 1 or 2 days, but now awaiting another adapter (for obd1 all wheel abs) thats in the mail. Once it arrives, I'll be done in a day or 2.
So, barring another 2 month fiasco, typically a week per person sounds reasonable.... but not always.
Mine came from Hawaii... so it took a minute to get to East Tennessee. Lol.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at 2-3 weeks realistically to accomplish my goals then passing it along. Hopefully less if schedule allows.

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think this is how I get added to the list, if I didn't get the latest and someone jumped in between just post a correction.
Bugdewde
Illbedipped
Raycecar
N9nefingers/Caman96
Termite
WICruiser-97

I fully understand about the problem predicting how long it may take just trying to get a sense of the pace. I will continue to research other options to set my CMP and if I am successful cross my name off the list.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@studigggs ... I got the multi-1 adapter out if the mail this morning. I'll give it a shot this evening when I get off work.
Does it go into the port on the 'burban or the MT2500?
The loose wires with male ends seem to go into the vehicle port and the harness adapter goes into the device ....
Just asking early, as I won't have access to my phone or internet at work today.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@studigggs ... I got the multi-1 adapter out if the mail this morning. I'll give it a shot this evening when I get off work.
Does it go into the port on the 'burban or the MT2500?
The loose wires with male ends seem to go into the vehicle port and the harness adapter goes into the device ....
Just asking early, as I won't have access to my phone or internet at work today.

You would remove the GM-1 adapter and put the multi-1 adapter in its place on the scanner. Insert the 12v power cord into the multi-1 adapter and then insert the color coded leads into the terminals of the ALDL connector in the truck. The scanner should tell you which lead goes where. You may need a diagram of the ALDL layout.

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never used the Multi-1 adapter even though I've had one forever. Is that just a 95 GM thing? What other applications would a guy use it (certain imports?)?

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never used the Multi-1 adapter even though I've had one forever. Is that just a 95 GM thing? What other applications would a guy use it (certain imports?)?

Really hard to say as Snap-On doesn't tell you anything in their scanner guides and you would never know until you connect the scanner and await instructions. On the 88-95 GMT400s, it seems the use of the Multi-1 depends on the scanner software version in use (cartridge version). When I use a red cartridge (i.e. "GM vehicles thru '94" etc) and select ABS communication on my '90 truck, the MT-2500 requests the Multi-1 adapter be connected. When I use one of my black cartridges (SW version 3.0+ and newer) communicating with ABS requests the GM-1 adapter.

Makes you really appreciate the modern scanners. plug and play. I recall connecting a Modis to a 2015 GMC truck and I had to insert and remove different keys in sequence just to talk to a specific module.

OBS_Trash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is how I get added to the list, if I didn't get the latest and someone jumped in between just post a correction.

WICruiser-97

I fully understand about the problem predicting how long it may take just trying to get a sense of the pace. I will continue to research other options to set my CMP and if I am successful cross my name off the list.
Bugdewde
Illbedipped
Raycecar
N9nefingers/Caman96
Termite
WICruiser-97

HTownOBS

You can look up my recent post, I have parts cannoned about everything dealing with Spark/Air/Fuel, tracking down a Sputter/Backfire at 60ish MPH. I would like to use this a Day or 2 and pass along. Hope I did it right. This is such a great forum.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sending this thing out to next on list on Friday.
@Illbedipped , shoot me you're address.

No real luck ... I show no abs codes, but can't seem to get the actuators to cycle and stay on to bleed at the wheels. Only when I hook up the multi-1 or jumper the ports A & H. Just a momentary "brrrrrrr" then nothing.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I show no abs codes, but can't seem to get the actuators to cycle and stay on to bleed at the wheels. Only when I hook up the multi-1 or jumper the ports A & H. Just a momentary "brrrrrrr" then nothing.

That may be the intended effect. IIRC, you're supposed to smash the brakes with everything sealed up and do the "brrrrrr", then re-bleed and repeat. Here's a PDF of the procedure using GM Tech-1/2 tools, I'd imagine it's similar with the Snap-On.

https://www.gmt400.com/attachments/...rake_bleeding_procedure_ref_cards-pdf.299090/

Last edited: