GMC 1500 ECSB 4x4 turbodiesel in Sweden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swede

Reaction score
Hello!

I am new to this board and would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.
My name is Henrik and I live in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. I work with car parts and live in an appartment in the central parts of the city.

My truck is an GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 1996 6.5 Turbodiesel. I purchased it mainly for towing, altough we tow significally smaller trailers than you guys do over there.
The previous owner imported this truck to Sweden from Canada in 2004 and I bought it directly from him in January 2013. This type of truck is quite rare over here and it sure turns a lot of heads when driving it in the city.
It is equipped with leather, power seats, power windows, bullbar, bugshield, two huge driving lights, bedliner and a colourmatched fiberglass loadcover.

It is my first truck, my main interest is restoring and working with old Volvo's, I have quite a few.

Since we have quite cold winters over here I plan to equip the truck with an onboard dieselfueled parking heater with callstart.
Further plans include restoring the amber glow in the front turning signals, to use as "driving lights", which actually is illegal in Sweden.

I sense that you like most message board junkies really like pictures, so I'll post a few just to keep you happy! :roflsquared:

Here it is, attached do the horse box
You must be registered for see images attach

With my buddy's GMC Sierra 6.5 Turbodiesel from 1994

With a borrowed trailer, will eventually afford my own trailer one day, loaded with a Volvo 240.

With the horseboxes and the quad.

Regards Henrik

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome from the West Coast of Canada!
Good looking truck in some beautiful countryside.

I like P1800's! They're...'saintly'! Lol!

One of my buddies had one of these. An ES Sport.

The latest version. Apparently, they are Chevy ZZ4 powered! Haven't seen one over here, yet.

What a killer interior! (Except for the radio placement!)

Last edited:

Swede

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
Also, love the p1800 pictures!
If you don't mind, maybe I could post some pictures of my Volvos as well?
I am also thinking about starting a build thread, just to keep track of the progress. It is almost summer here and I am planning on retiring the truck for the season and drive one of my Volvos as a daily driver instead.
The diesel is 14 SEK per litre over here, which should be about 2 usd/litre, 7.5 usd/gallon if I'm not mistaking.
What do you pay for diesel over there?
Henrik