giving it gas cuts out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
I really need help please! On my 96 chevy vortec when i give it gas going down the road it cuts out. Iv changed the fuel pump fuel filter. The fuel pump relay is good. It idels good and can give it gas it park and is good. But u can put it in gear and hold break and give it gas and it cuts out. Any help would be great as winter is coming and i need my truck.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have Cats? any Cels? is it missing or trying to die. give us as much info as possible.

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
Do you have Cats? any Cels? is it missing or trying to die. give us as much info as possible.
I dont believe its missing. I do have cats but there only a year old and iv only put 5000 miles on them. U can have it in park and riv it up and its good put when your driving and start up a hill it cuts out like falls on its face. It doesn't try to die

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
Last tune up?
I tuned it up 3 years ago and have put 10000 miles on it. The fuel pump went out and it was doing it before i changed it. Everything sounds great it just cuts out and it doesnt do it all the time but here lately its been doing it more and more

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to get a fuel pressure gauge and check what kind of pressure your system is making. Engine running should be a minimum of 55 and key on, engine off a minimum of 60.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
I c
You need to get a fuel pressure gauge and check what kind of pressure your system is making. Engine running should be a minimum of 55 and key on, engine off a minimum of 60.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
i check the pressure and its good. Do u think it could be a bad plug? But it doesn't miss

96liftedchevy

Reaction score
I use to have a problem that i would have to hit the top of the fuse box under the hood where the pump relay is. It wouldn't start so id hit it and it would start. We fixed that. The pump comes on all the time now but its still cutting out when stepping into the gas pedal