Gears for 24's???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I tried the tire hieghth calculator and it shows about an in taller for my current set of wheels.
Is that a big difference?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I tried the tire hieghth calculator and it shows about an in taller for my current set of wheels.
Is that a big difference?

Well an inch isn't that big of deal really, but you went from whatever size tire your truck was originally equipped with to the 24's you have now. So in reality you did make quite a bit of change in size. Now if your tire is a 30" like you said earlier, then if you upgrade to 3.73's i think you will be happy with it! I have 3.73's in my truck and my tires measure just shy of 32" or so, and I'm at about 2000 RPM's at 70, and about 1600 rpms's /at 60

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I just want some of the performance back. Just so it doesn't feel like going backwards when I get a tune or anything else. Thanks for your help guys. Gonna order some 373's and a posi next week.