Gas smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codsta8

Reaction score
When I first crank my 98 k1500 I smell gas pretty bad l... If I just turn the key to on u can smell it.... I have looked for leaks and can't find any.... Any input would b appreciated... Also change crank shaft sensor , installed headers, and put a programmer on it.... Dint know if they have anything to do with the smell?<br/>

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like fuel pressure regulator is leaking,which is part of the spider injector if your going to be fixing it you may wanna do the spider upgrade to mpfi if it still has the original spyder setup in it which is a spfi unit.

codsta8

Reaction score
I was hoping it was something else but I kinda figured it was the regulator.... What's the difference between mpfi and spfi?

codsta8

Reaction score
Any advice on who to get the csfi to mpfi kit from? Most reasonable but reliable?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got mine thru a local parts store not a chain store,the brand I got was a standard has a 3 yr warranty. delco or delphi are the other two to go with, check amazon also they have deals on them once and a while.

codsta8

Reaction score
i got mine thru a local parts store not a chain store,the brand I got was a standard has a 3 yr warranty. delco or delphi are the other two to go with, check amazon also they have deals on them once and a while.
I just thought about this .... I had a remanufactured engine put in , same as what was in it, that was last year and 32000 miles ago , u think they could be messing up this soon+

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
easy way to check is open throttle body and look in with a flashlight if its wet inside the plenum its leaking also behind the tb is a twist out port for the vacuum to the brakes twist that out and shine light in there and look for wetness.when the motor was done was it a shortblock and did they use all the bolt on parts from your old motor intake ect. if so the old spider injector set could of been used unless they specified it was all new