Gas smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codsta8

Reaction score
It s was from oreillys " power torque" long block, my under understanding was that everything internal was a new .... But I appreciate the tip I'll definitely look into the plenum and the vacuum port

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i looked up the motor on their site,everything is new internally but the intake and everything else is not included on a long block,if you had it installed somewhere check with them if they used your spider from your old motor cause they had to use all the bolt on parts from the old motor

codsta8

Reaction score
10-4 man Will do, man u have been a huge , really do appreciate all the info,

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no problem been there before glad to help,plus dealt with a similar issue on a friends truck he bought for plowing same issue with a reman motor and the shop that did the motor reused the old spider and it gave out about six months into him owning it. nothing wrong with reusing it but in my opinion new motor might as well do new spider as its going together. saves the issues from popping up in the future

codsta8

Reaction score
no problem been there before glad to help,plus dealt with a similar issue on a friends truck he bought for plowing same issue with a reman motor and the shop that did the motor reused the old spider and it gave out about six months into him owning it. nothing wrong with reusing it but in my opinion new motor might as well do new spider as its going together. saves the issues from popping up in the future
Finally figured it out, got gas pouring out the top of my gas tank now, any suggestions

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are the lines out of the sending unit rotted? unbolt the bed and lift it up some so u can see top of tank and pin point the leak.

codsta8

Reaction score
Yea just got down getting the bolts out, sucks when is - 19 and your doing it by yourself

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear ya thats always the way it is,help never shows when ya need it,once the bolts are out prop it up on the tank side with some blocks of wood and run it and see where its leaking post a picture if ya can of leak