Fuel tank questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm new here, had the truck for about a year now. 1994 k3500 5.7 CCSB. From measuring my tank it appears I only have a 25 gallon tank. I have the build sheet, original window sticker(in the second owner, crazy) and I have a RPO code for the 34 gallon tank. Now all I've been reading is the larger tank won't fit with a short bed, but it shows my truck originally came with one. You can tell my tank that I have now isn't the original as to how they jerry rigged the straps and attached the lines back to the pump.y question is what causes a fitment issue with the 34 gallon tank vs the 25?

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of my build sheet if this helps

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Im pretty sure all short boxes were 25 gallon due to the strap mount location. That could be wrong though with the added crew cab length?

K2500cruiser

Reaction score
So I'm new here, had the truck for about a year now. 1994 k3500 5.7 CCSB. From measuring my tank it appears I only have a 25 gallon tank. I have the build sheet, original window sticker(in the second owner, crazy) and I have a RPO code for the 34 gallon tank. Now all I've been reading is the larger tank won't fit with a short bed, but it shows my truck originally came with one. You can tell my tank that I have now isn't the original as to how they jerry rigged the straps and attached the lines back to the pump.y question is what causes a fitment issue with the 34 gallon tank vs the 25?
Well not sure if you knew this or not but 99 and 2000 were the only years they offered a crew cab short box from the factory, you sure yours was even a crew cab to begin with ? May even been and extended cab long box,
Or a crew cab long box and shortened there's a site vinaudit.com it's free go type your vin number into it, it'd just a simple decoder, let you know stuff like the trim drive train, a few other things

K2500cruiser

Reaction score
Never noticed the build sheet but I believe the original crew cab short box was even smaller again then 25 gallons cause the back or the cab is flatter unlike the extended the hump in the rear makes up for the tank

drhoward1988

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never noticed the build sheet but I believe the original crew cab short box was even smaller again then 25 gallons cause the back or the cab is flatter unlike the extended the hump in the rear makes up for the tank
I just went and measured and my bed is roughly 74". That's measuring inside of bed to rear at tailgate. I need to find a tank to measure. I know the rough measurements but I'd like to get the measurements of the front of the tank to see how much clearence I need.