fuel pressure help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
from my undertanding a good stock tbi pump could handle running near 15psi without not mods other than tightening the regulator down

to get that vortec to work you have to use an aftermarket external regulator to drop the fuel pressure down to runable pressures

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes the psi is there but the volume is not.

For all the guys that said it will not work, YOU ARE WRONG! i am now sitting at a steady 18psi WITH a 96 vortec pump and a STOCK regulator made adjustable.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes the psi is there but the volume is not.

For all the guys that said it will not work, YOU ARE WRONG! i am now sitting at a steady 18psi WITH a 96 vortec pump and a STOCK regulator made adjustable.

I would still put an after market reg on...... there is no way in hel l i would trust that diaphragm with a vortec pump

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only way you can be running 30psi is if the regulator spring is stiffer or if there is a restriction in the return line. I read somewhere that there was one year of 454 injectors that were flow rated at 30 psi. The excess flow of the pump will be returned to the tank, as the fluid will take the path of least resistance.

How are you measuring your fuel pressure?