fuel gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silsbeeman

Reaction score
My fuel is messed up. truck running, needle is way pass F. truck off, needle is closer to F, but still pass F. sending unit or gauge fked up? thx for any help.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but if it was me I would probably try the sending unit first. My gauge does that right after a fill up and doesn't come down to full (while running) for about 60-90 miles. So it doesn't seem abnormal for the gauge to be there but that it is always like that. That would lead me to suspect that that sending unit is always reporting full to the gauge since yours seems to be behaving exactly like mine when mine is full.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know for sure but if it was me I would probably try the sending unit first. My gauge does that right after a fill up and doesn't come down to full (while running) for about 60-90 miles. So it doesn't seem abnormal for the gauge to be there but that it is always like that. That would lead me to suspect that that sending unit is always reporting full to the gauge since yours seems to be behaving exactly like mine when mine is full.

make that 2, mines just like borahshadows.

silsbeeman

Reaction score
i just bought the truck a cpl months ago. i have no idea if he pulled needles or its a new cluster. i was thinking that might be where the problem is.

viper700t

Reaction score
how do u change the cluster..hard job?..my cluster is gone i think..my needle fibrates like crazy an it has a new sending unit in it..so its def not that..