front speaker wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you should just go ahead and fork out the money and buy you a Kenwood head unit ...

I actually have an old Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590 deck that I could drop in there if I wanted to but I'm going for super stealthy. I don't want it to look like I have anything more than the factory radio.

I would aggree with Cableguy! Upgrading the factory head unit in almost any vehicle to a good aftermarket head unit will make a world of differance in sound! Afterall, the head unit is one of the most important factors in any true system!

See above.

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going the same route as T DOG...for now. I really like the "unmolested" look. No offense to you guys who do awesome custom stuff. I can really appreciate that as well. Just not what I'm going for. Plus, if I'm still not happy with the sound, I can upgrade later.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Wait....his jvc currently does more than my aiwa 360........but, is your jvc a 90w x 4 head unit? :p
240 watt rms lol so thats 60 rms a channel.... aww I still loose in that department :( luckly I have an amp to help ;)

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah I fudged and mentioned the max wattage....my rms is 75wx4. That head unit cost me way more than your jvc though prolly.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually have an old Kenwood Excelon KDC-X590 deck that I could drop in there if I wanted to but I'm going for super stealthy. I don't want it to look like I have anything more than the factory radio.
Yeah, I'm going the same route as T DOG...for now. I really like the "unmolested" look. No offense to you guys who do awesome custom stuff. I can really appreciate that as well. Just not what I'm going for. Plus, if I'm still not happy with the sound, I can upgrade later.
I understand guys ... and agree !!! I love the stock and stealthy look to ...
But the more you do to improve your system, you have to understand that stock radios do not have the dynamics and durability to handle the loads of a high power sound system ... They will let you down because they just wasnt made for it ... but if you can make it work, Best of luck to you ...
Honnestly, adding amps, subs, extra batteries, and upgraded electrical is not a stock and stealthy look ... what makes the dash any different ???
Then again, this is just me talking ...

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do not consider my system to be "high power" by any means. It will consist of a single class A/B 4 ch amp sending 60w to the front components and 150w to a single 8" or 10" sub. The sub, amp, components and crossovers will not be readily visible. Pop the hood... Only clues will be the power wire and maybe the Big 3. Just a simple system that sounds better sound than stock is all I'm after.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't install aftermarket decks. I'm just saying for me, right now, this is my plan.