front speaker wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been asking a ton of questions in here lately. I really appreciate all the help you guys have been giving me.
I need to tap into my front speaker wire to run line level inputs on my amp. I'd rather not go all the way to the head unit if I don't have to. Can I just tap into them in the door or in the bundle of wires going into the door. If so, what color wires are what? Both sides. Thanks again.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Tap into the rear ones, they should be in the channels below the door sill plates. I don't know what colors, but it would be easier than the fronts. I've done this a few times.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I've been asking a ton of questions in here lately. I really appreciate all the help you guys have been giving me.
I need to tap into my front speaker wire to run line level inputs on my amp. I'd rather not go all the way to the head unit if I don't have to. Can I just tap into them in the door or in the bundle of wires going into the door. If so, what color wires are what? Both sides. Thanks again.

I'll go check my manuals....dont feel like ripping the panels off for reference :p brb, books are in the truck.

You'd think $175 worth of manuals would give electrical diagram for the audio system....hell it's got everything else!!! :nono:

Last edited:

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I can just look when I get in there, but I wanted to make sure. I know there's a tweeter and a mid in the door. Is there some kind of in line crossover running to them to seperate the signal or is that too complex for the stock system? I'd need to get into it before that if there is one which is why I wanted to know the wire color. Thanks.

EastTXYukon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im installing new speakers right now. The passenger speaker and tweeter wires are light green (+) and dark green (-). Fixing to go take the door panel off the driver side so I'll let you know.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue