front hitch receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billy bee

Reaction score
I've always wondered about this, can you elaborate on how it's easier to squeeze a trailer into a tight spot with a front hitch vs rear?

I tow three different trailers--19' ski boat, 5x8 utility trailer, and 20' enclosed race trailer. In general, the benefit is two-fold: maneuverability, which has been mentioned, and visibility. With the boat trailer and the utility trailer, it is really easy to see what I'm doing when I'm looking at the trailer through the windshield. With the race trailer, I'm looking at a big white wall. But I have to schooch it through a tight parking lot; so, the added maneuverability helps there. I am reasonably good at backing a trailer, but using the front hitch somehow makes the steering more intuitive.

There are a few other reasons I like having it: I put a hitch-mounted bike rack in it and slide a winch plate into the receiver. I am going to build a step for it, too. That will make it easier to reach into the engine compartment when I'm working on the truck.

bb

Travis Lee

Reaction score
well i took your guys comments into consideration and decided to change my mounting up a bit. This is my first welding project. I bent and welded a piece of 1/4" steel, but still used the tow hook holes to bolt to. I also had to modify the front skid plate to fit.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Looks good man .!