Front frame end rusted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jme2565

Reaction score
Ive got a 97 short bed I bought for plowing. Being recently injured,breaking my hip, I failed to inspect the frame area that supports the plow undercarriage. Now, in full healing mode, I got under there yesterday to find the frame tip in front of the steering box thin at best, and rusted through as you reach the end. Im new to the site and havent found any repair/replacement threads so far.
Open to all suggestions...other than selling... Thanks in advance! Blessings!

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
The front of mine was the same way. I took all of the front end gear off, and had two frame ends from another truck cut off. I had the new ends welded on, plated and painted. The steering box has to come off, along with the majority of your front end parts (grill, bumper, skid plate, rad support, radiator, headlights, ect). At the same time, I had my inner and outer fenders taken off and put new ones on, along with a new radiator, radiator lines, transmission lines, radiator support, pretty much everything that was taken off went back on with brand new parts. If you're planning on replacing anything upfront, this would be the time to do it.