Front axle control arm bushings sleeves (1998 C3500 RWD AT)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schwarzweix

Reaction score
Hello there,

i bought the Energy Suspension Hyperflex Bushing Kits 3-18107R and yesterday I wanted to reassemble my front axle - but then I figured out that I have to reuse the old sleeves for the upper and lower control arm. Unfortunatly they were destroyed at disassembling.

Does anyne of you guys have some old bushings for sale or have a idea were to get them? I just need the metal sleeves, but I couldn´t find them as single part.

Thanks...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think anybody sells the shells on their own. May as well buy a set of new stock type rubber bushings and sacrifice them. They're extremely cheap - like $10 a pair even for good brands. I do understand you're in another country so there's shipping to deal with, but I don't know any better way to get good shells.

Here's a tip on doing the job; I used a u-joint press and misc. scrap material to press the old bushing material out, and the new poly bushings in. Of course lube the poly well first with the supplied grease.

Richard