Frankenstein the 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So this build took off on this past haloween. The truck is green, ugly, and had one foot in the grave, being the case i figured frankenstein was a fittting name. Its a 95 rcsb v6, new tranny, clean interior, clean title and runs amazing. But it was layed in a ditch on its passenger side. But for 600 bones i took it. Here is some pics of when i got it.

Attachments

• 131012_347.jpg
    131012_347.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 131012_343.jpg
    131012_343.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 131012_340.jpg
    131012_340.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 72
Reaction score
Well with plans of not getting carried away, i was obviously in the hunt for a clean bed and mirror and have a decent truck for the cold months when i cant ride my harley. After a pot of coffee and some hunting on craigslist i was finding short box's for $200 give or take. Then wah la my plans of being humble with a simple fix and drive situation were shot out of the water. I found a 93 short box truck missing the motor, tranny, front fenders, and hood. The old man only wanted $150 for the whole truck. It had a bed, shaved tailgate, cal view paintable mirrors, belltech 2" drop spindles, belltech 2" drop coils, belltech flip kit, shock relocators, and many other goodies. Needless to say i gave him the $150 and had it towed to my house. I promptly stripped it for all the stuff i mentioned and more. When done i scrapped the doner truck along with frankensteins old bed and made my beer money, and donor truck money back. Here is pics of frankenstein with the 4/6 drop. There is still no bed on it because im waiting on the c notch i ordered to show up and i have to weld the cab corner (it was smashed in the accident). Plus i want to put some 2" shackles on it and cut a half coil off the front. Basically giving it a 5/8 drop, being its got nice 225/60/15s it would fit like a glove. This is by far the cheapest build ive ever took on. Stay tuned ladies and gents more will come during my time off for the christmas week.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal. My drop shackles, material for my super notch, rear air shocks and a few other goodies came in. I drive truck for a living so I'm only home about once a week, and every time I'm home it's been freezing cold (literally). But this upcoming weekend I will be getting some $#!+ done. There beer is in the shop fridge and I'm ready to make it happen. Come Sunday night my drunken greasy fingers Will be updating everyone on here.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
well I didn't get around to installing the drop shackles like I planed on. But I did put the brake booster on which was way easier than I expected. Just pushed the master cylinder forward, unbolted the booster, and popped that clip off the pedal rod. Way easy, probably a hour and a half job. I was able to pick up a passenger door that was fully manual with the newer style interior for $40. And the guy I bought it from threw in a lower valance for free. The corner my buddy tacked welded on seams to line up great. Whenever this weather gets better I will get way more done.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well the weather finally let up. I got alot done including the under bed notch, drop shackles, took a inch off the front, installed some new front shocks, put the cal view mirrors on it, installed the bed back on it, sanded and rattle can primered it. The rattle can primer is just to get by. I will not have a paint job put over it. I got a long ways to go still and a ton of parts left in the shop that i need to install. But its coming along swell if you ask me. Here is some pics.

Last edited: