Frame interchange question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuck

Reaction score
I have a '92 K2500 RCLB in Northern Utah that will be heading for the scrap yard as soon as I swap the front diff and rear axle. Body and frame are in great shape but the interior is trashed. Name your price and come get it!

Very generous offer!! But 26 hours each way from Northwestern, PA. I'll check around to see if shipping is an option...

Tuck

Reaction score
i was speaking to one of my customers who runs a body shop. he just restored his 94 k1500 reg cab shortbed. he got a new gm frame for it. he ended up spending 1300.00 for it. they gave him a good price because gm wants to get rid of all the older frames. check a chevy dealer and maybe you can get a good deal on one. I priced mine(ex cab sb) and I could get it for 1800.00.

I made a feeble attempt when it first happened, that is, at getting a new GM frame. I was told that they were no longer available, but I suppose now that I have the actual GM part number from the estimates I could try it again. Maybe a dealership has one from a scuttled job, or worse.... VPI has them and wants 4 X the last retail price for them....ughhh.

Tuck

Reaction score
GM # 15727845 K1500/2500 RCLB no longer available....except GM parts Giant priced it out at $674 with limited availability, where as the other 20 web sites just stated "no Longer available". So I sent a request for availability....we'll see what happens.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
That would be a steal if true. Heck if I had the space I would buy one for a frame up resto

inthechateau

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
We started a 97 K1500 frame swap, but project is not going forward. Extended cab 8 ft bed. So we now have a good frame with no use. If you hear of anyone interested let me know by PM. Located in MD.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Why is it that my 2WD and 4WD frames look completely different then? On my 2WD truck you can barely see any frame from the side, on my 4WD Suburban you can see literally 4" of frame rail running below the body.

When I boxed my rear 4x4 frame I accidently wound up with a 2wd frame to use a donor. The large C-Channel under the cab is 1" narrower on the 2wd. The C-Channel I believe from the top gas tank cross member back was the same.