Frame interchange help needed please: 1995 C2500 Suburban 7.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I neglected to mention that I spoke to my local Chevy dealership today and got the original frame part number for my C2500 which is P/N 12375999. That's the number highlighted in the 2nd pic below. The 1500 series frame p/n is 12375998

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

If you click on the part number itself, it goes to another page that has an interchange list towards the bottom for each part number.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you click on the part number itself, it goes to another page that has an interchange list towards the bottom for each part number.
I don't think I would take that fitment guide as gospel. A K series frame is not going to have C series 2wd coil spring mounts. They have a heading title and multiple frames listed. More like all the different frames #'s collectively listed fit all the below listed vehicles.

I know they list the front crossmember as a separate part number but they have never been made available as other than part of a welded frame assembly. You couldn't get and replace just the crossmember even when these trucks were new.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Update:

I found an appropriate frame (`99 C2500 Suburban 8600 lb.), but it's 500+ miles away and despite contacting almost a dozen resources today, I've struck out trying to make transport arrangements.

-Wrecking yard with the frame doesn't do shipping: out
-UShip: out
-Fastenal: out
-Local go-to towing company: out
+ numerous personal resources.

Anyone have a RELIABLE shipper/transporter they could recommend?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Update:

I found an appropriate frame (`99 C2500 Suburban 8600 lb.), but it's 500+ miles away and despite contacting almost a dozen resources today, I've struck out trying to make transport arrangements.

-Wrecking yard with the frame doesn't do shipping: out
-UShip: out
-Fastenal: out
-Local go-to towing company: out
+ numerous personal resources.

Anyone have a RELIABLE shipper/transporter they could recommend?
I know a guy that has a small hotshot outfit and they refer to the "load boards" all the time for jobs. It all comes down to where it is, and where it's going. Ability of shipper and receiver to load/unload has a lot to do with price, too. Dude with a truck and trailer isn't loading or unloading your frame; he's securing it to the trailer and delivering. With that said I don't know the best path to take here but you could try uShip ? At least see what kind of responses you get.

Richard

Reaction score
I tried Uship several times yesterday and each time they came back with "0" resources.

Loading & unloading the frame isn't a problem, both locations have forklifts and the frame will be strapped to a pallet.

I did find one shipper today that I'm trying to make arrangements through. They requested a total weight on the frame but the supplier doesn't have any way to weigh the frame & pallet. I "guesstimated" roughly 400 lbs. for both, hoping that will err on the high side as I've dealt with bare frames before, but they were automotive, not HD truck--and again, this is a bare frame, no suspension on it at all, I think the only bolt-on peripheral still attached is the trans crossmember.

Guess I'll find out one way or another, but however it pans out, I'll be paying far more for shipping than I did for the frame itself.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would try a local Lkq Salvage yard to see if they can get you one. They have their own shipping network and don't upcharge to deliver from one yard to a sister location. Might be cheaper than paying for a frame and also paying for shipping. I think your weight estimate might be a bit short.