Forum Running Slow, Intermittent Timeouts and Double Posts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like there's something going on with the hosting this time, I'm no expert but it doesn't appear to be a Cloudfare issue. Just wanted to make sure staff knows about this.

@Shaggy @Old77

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like things are back to normal. It was weird earlier though. Seemed like 50% of the times you'd try to load a page it would work fine, and the other 50% would take forever or time out. It seemed way less predictable than the other times I've observed the site having issues.

EDIT - Nope, still acting weird. As I posted this the page timed out, but I opened a new tab and the post had still gone through.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually the more I dig into it the less it seems like a hosting issue. I disabled all scripts via the NoScript extension for Firefox and it seems like that fixed all the loading issues. I keep seeing some weird "metrics-collector" URL hanging when I load a page with scripts enabled.

EDIT - Spoke too soon, I'm still getting a long load time occasionally even with scripts disabled. It's much less frequent though, and haven't had anything time out yet.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, i've been seeing issues on this forum and a few of @Shaggy's other forums, as well. Hopefully tagging him will help.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seems like there's something going on with the hosting this time, I'm no expert but it doesn't appear to be a Cloudfare issue. Just wanted to make sure staff knows about this.

@Shaggy @Old77

Yep. Trying to figure out what's up with the server.