Ford Lightning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Word. They are fun, but hard on gas and annoying to fix. That's why I'm going to get rid of the 3.1 Grand Prix in my yard. Why bother driving something that you can't do anything with (vs a truck) that only gets slightly better mileage...

My 3.8 in my buick gets 32mpg haha, I would never buy a 3.1 I've heard too many bad things and have personally bought one with a spun bearing for $150 stripped it and sold it as a race car body for $300 haha

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
My 3.8 in my buick gets 32mpg haha, I would never buy a 3.1 I've heard too many bad things and have personally bought one with a spun bearing for $150 stripped it and sold it as a race car body for $300 haha

Wow, that's good mileage. I've never been that lucky.
And I'm not a big 3.1 fan either. That car was a pig on fuel. Got 25 at best, straight highway, but usually more like 20. :nono:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Wow, that's good mileage. I've never been that lucky.
And I'm not a big 3.1 fan either. That car was a pig on fuel. Got 25 at best, straight highway, but usually more like 20. :nono:

I think it helps that it has barely over 100K on it that is mostly highway also

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
my lil sis has a gtp bonnie and my 02 si spanked it all day...how ever change the pully size free up the exhaust and ill bet it will get it

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
my lil sis has a gtp bonnie and my 02 si spanked it all day...how ever change the pully size free up the exhaust and ill bet it will get it

exactly a smaller pulley some SLP exhaust and a chip does wonders

are those one of the cars that the engine has to come out of the bottom of the car? or is that the typical now?

nope they come out the top they even have a fancy hook to lift them out built right in