Flushed 291,750k 4L60E(PHOTOS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Just thought some one on here might find this useful.
94' K1500 4L60E M30 291,750 miles, last transmission flush at Unkonwn millage(but is over 50k miles)

This is how it looked:
AcDelco Filter
You must be registered for see images attach

Fel-Pro Gasket and Lucas Transmission Fluid 5 quarts

How it looked when i took the pan off. Not bad looking, but the magnet is really dirty.

I cleaned a bit of the filter so you can see the build up of deposits on it.

Cleaned out the pan

Remember to wash your nuts

Put the filter in

and bolt it back up with the new gasket!

Clean.

Discovery

Reaction score
what did you do with that extra piece that comes with the kit? It looks like a steel sleeve with a molded in gasket.I have never been able to get the old one out of the transmission?

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
cool writeup! you having me consider trying this out on my truck :hmm:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
what did you do with that extra piece that comes with the kit? It looks like a steel sleeve with a molded in gasket.I have never been able to get the old one out of the transmission?

I know what your talking about! I did the same as you and left the old one in. If anybody has a tip to removing the old one next time let us know!

Shadow - You should do it, i feel much better now knowing it is good oil. I was afraid I would find some nasty oil. Now I have some understanding of the transmission I want to get one of those filter mags like this one:

http://www.jegs.com/i/FilterMAG/384...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CNag5_b0rLUCFVSVMgodYhsA9A

I think it would bennefit keeping it clean, from what I could see you want the magnets close to the filter.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best to leave the old one in. They are a mess to get out. You can try a screw driver or chisel, but you may damage the pump. Or, I used to keep a big bolt in my box that would screw in and grab it, then tap the bolt down. Best to leave it alone. A trick tho...DO NOT wipe your pan with a rag or towel!!! We get a lot of do-it-at home guys come in after a service not shifting or slipping. A lot of times there will be lint hanging a valve up. Best to wash and blow dry. Your pan looks great..

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Best to leave the old one in. They are a mess to get out. You can try a screw driver or chisel, but you may damage the pump. Or, I used to keep a big bolt in my box that would screw in and grab it, then tap the bolt down. Best to leave it alone. A trick tho...DO NOT wipe your pan with a rag or towel!!! We get a lot of do-it-at home guys come in after a service not shifting or slipping. A lot of times there will be lint hanging a valve up. Best to wash and blow dry. Your pan looks great..

good tip...I was thinking about the lint from the towel getting in it. I was very carefull not to touch the transmission parts with the rag when cleaning where the gasket seats. i did a final wipe with a paper towel.

does the sludge come off by washing it?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
That's not a flush, that's a fluid change. A flush is when a shop hooks up lines to the trans and runs cleaner or something through the lines to get ALL the old fluid out. Good thread, though, did mine not too long ago as well!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

I rag wipe the heavy stuff in tue pan (if there is any) but i finish with a brake clean flush before assembly.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
A fresh trans filter and fluid change is always a good thing.

You can do your own flush at home if you unhook the cooler pressure line from the transmission. Best way is to unhook it from the trans, and adapt it with a nipple and rubber hose. You then start the truck, let the trans pump fluid out, refill, repeat. It take a good amount of fluid to do this but that is the easiest way to DIY flush the fluid.