floor mats bunching up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you use for a front floor mat?

mine constantly bunch up and don't stay in place.

I was thinking about putting a hole in them and attaching to something on seat bracket like more modern cars.

I have a 1992 4wd so that may complicate a little

Tripp

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My factory heavy duty rubber floor mats have small rubber spikes that line the underside and I've never had them move at all. They both weigh a good 5-7 pounds each.

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Velcro strips on the back of the mat. The hook side should stop it from sliding on the carpet.
Something like a 3M MP3526/MP3527 gives you both sides that are adhesive backed.

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool, thanks, I will try this

Velcro strips on the back of the mat. The hook side should stop it from sliding on the carpet.
Something like a 3M MP3526/MP3527 gives you both sides that are adhesive backed.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Use a heat gun & warm up the spots where you want to put the Velcro. Hit the Velcro with a roller after you stick it to the mats. Makes the Velcro really stick.
Mats on carpet? Should only need the hook side on the mats. That'll grab the carpet pretty good.
Where you located? I have some extra H/D Velcro that is for industrial use. Way better glue on it than the commercial stuff. 2" wide.
Let me know how big the mats are & I'll check to see if I have enough for you to do them. My cost + ship. :)

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks.

About to send PM

Use a heat gun & warm up the spots where you want to put the Velcro. Hit the Velcro with a roller after you stick it to the mats. Makes the Velcro really stick.
Mats on carpet? Should only need the hook side on the mats. That'll grab the carpet pretty good.
Where you located? I have some extra H/D Velcro that is for industrial use. Way better glue on it than the commercial stuff. 2" wide.
Let me know how big the mats are & I'll check to see if I have enough for you to do them. My cost + ship. :)

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you provide a link?

my search comes up with too many options and oem only shows newer models

Get some real mats...GM ones...mine never move and are big enough to keep the whole floor clean

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought the factory GM mats for our trucks were discontinued. I see them pop up on eBay once in a while for really high prices, don't think I've seen a decent 2-door set for less than $200. Makes me glad I've never lost any.