First post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andrewi95

Reaction score
Been following the site for quite some time, first post. I own a 1999 C1500 Suburban that I've kept up with for almost 10 years. Wife won't let me sink another dime into it and we're looking for something more..reliable. Will be posting shortly under Classifieds when permissions allow.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2 on the above.
But I understand the reliability thing. That's how I got into 10+yrs of $700 a month payments on new trucks.
If you can, hold onto it. Get another cheap daily driver and fix the sub up little by little. It's awesome having backup vehicles in case SHTF.....and it has at our house multiple times.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I can see both sides of this situation (been on both sides of it LoL). I agree, find a daily driver that's newer and doesn't slurp the gas like the Burb. But don't get rid of the Burb; you can always use a spare vehicle!

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the GMT400s are the sweet spot for still having basically the minimum of old school components so you can fix it on the side of the road, but enough new parts like TBI so you have reliability and efficiency and can still be fixed by the average owner. The less there is to it, the less there is to let you down. My wifes later model car is always suffering from sensor failures and they are harder to trace than parts failures.