Finished drop, finally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks so much for all the positive comments. I have been planning for quite some time but have been on hold and making sure I had everything in my head and ordered parts as I could. I had most everything here but to be honest I just couldnt do it at the time. My wife and I have been caring for my mother. Sadly she passed away here at our home last Thursday morning from cancer. I just needed time alone and something to do to occupy my time. Im not done though. Plenty left to do on it. Roll pan, paint and body, tonneau cover and other stuff. Thanks to all who have helped me with my numerous question, some over and over again.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Oh, that looks fantastic! Very cool.

Sorry to hear your loss. Glad to see you're putting your thoughts into something constructive. It's definitely a good thing.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks great, man! Sorry for your loss. It's coming up on 7 years since I lost mine. My 96 was hers for a while before she passed so I work on it to clear my head a bit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O b w how are the bell tech shocks?
I have a set of the street performers ordered (Hope you love em)
Yes worth the money. Believe it or not mine were original shocks and were completely shot as you can imagine. They seemed a little stiff at first but compared to no shock at all that was expected. Ive put about 200 miles on the setup in the last day and a half and am very pleased with them. In corners they are great as to not let the truck dip but hitting a bump in the curve they feel just right on the bumps, a little of both worlds, comfort and support. The rears seem a little firmer because of the angle i suppose. I have lower extensions but couldn't find the upper Relocation kit anywhere. Im sure that will be helpful when I can get them. I believe sew-low? Suggested them to me and for the slight difference in cost from the nitro it was a good call. Super sharp truck by the way. I am going to post on suggestions on trimming fender lips next. 8 inch rallys on the front isn't bad at all but it needs a little massaging on the lit for extra room.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks great, man! Sorry for your loss. It's coming up on 7 years since I lost mine. My 96 was hers for a while before she passed so I work on it to clear my head a bit.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words. I lost my dad in 2011 but loosing mom was really hard. Working has helped a lot.b