Finding a replacement dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDrip

Reaction score
I was out working on my 95 3500 this morning. New (old) radio and a new dash bezel. Old one was pretty hacked up from the previous owners idea of oak styling with brass screws.

Long story short, the dash itself wasn't in the best of shape to begin with, having been repaired at least a couple times in the past. Clipped in the new bezel and the picture below is the result. The damage is more wide spread, that is just the widest angle shot I could get. My phone was against the head liner and I was guessing at aim.

So I'm looking for a new dash, and I have no idea where to look. Anything in the local junkyard isn't any better, LMC wants $1000 for one, and other than that I'm pretty much stumped.

Any ideas on where to get a replacement dash? I was just going to put a hard cover on it, but most of the bezel clip points broke off with the top of the dash.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheDrip

Reaction score
To take this a little further, and maybe make my search easier...

Does the Dash pad from a 97+ (with the airbag hump) bolt to the inner support of the 95/96? I don't prefer either style, though the extra storage space of the little box inside the airbag dash (with no airbag installed) does have a little draw for me.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I believe they are interchangeable. A few guys here have swapped from the 95-96 to the 97-98 dash.

Best bet is a junkyard. Anything is better than what you have now.

VorTEX

Reaction score
look on car-part.com. it will give you listings from junk yards across the country or locally if you prefer. if you cant find anything on there, i would buy one that has the fewest cracks in it and use a cover from coverlay. i have one installed in my truck and you cant tell a difference unless you actually look for it

freeman35

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they are interchangeable i have a 95 and just put a 98 dash in. i went to pull apart and got a dash for 40-50$ its a simple change just make sure you take your time.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Ive got a tan 96 dash from my old red truck in good shape, but I dont no where you live or who you are yet

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Havent even seen one like that even in a wrecked truck. They just don't go that way 'round these parts...

OP said someone went drill happy with screws and wood accents. The heat down here makes dashes brittle. Hit them hard enough and you have cracks everywhere.