Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
^LOL.

I was looking at the LED light in mine and thinking, is there a way to rewire and split the top and bottom section to have the bottom four nodes be running lights and the top be turn signals? I mean, Ford did it, and even Toyota's Tundra tow mirrors have the same kind of lens as these and they do it.

You must be registered for see images attach

1aAuto did it for newer style trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYo6bBO025w

I've seen the Tundra towing mirrors in person, they are the same lens which tells me that they are of the same manufacture.

I checked into this as well. The light is a sealed unit, with a 3 contact plug. One contact in the plug is missing and one contact in the light is missing. Only way to do it would be to possibly destroy the light to try and add the contact to break the LED into two separate units.

You must be registered for see images attach

The unit from 1A Auto appears to be the same shape/size lens, obviously manufactured differently.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
That seems too complicated to do. I would end up destroying the whole light system all together. Would be a cool mod though. I thought they were the same lens on both mirrors, never looked at the Tundra version up close though.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
pictorals?

Its stupid easy, there is pics in the directions, you just have to have a meter to check for voltage when the signal is applied, and a set of pliers to crimp on the wires. I have some pics of when i did mine i'll see if i can get them uploaded when i get home