FastOrange: Stage 2 (Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
b&m aint neck snapping, now if you leave all the time to the floor it's a little stiff but not neck snapping, we daily drive with a stage 2 and 3.42's all the time. not a problem, when you take off easy you don't even feel it.

I agree not running a shift kit because you got a shifter is nothing, it's like saying I don't need ****** because even though it's limp it's fat or long or both, lol.

Shift kit firms it up good and makes it very fun to drive. it also helps get rid of the slippage which helps save on that trans. IMO you might as well throw all that power and upogrades out the window if you aint gonna touch the trans. Hell man I'm gonna throw in a stage 2 in my freakin 4x4 that's a stock rebuilt tbi 350.

How could it get old? if you drive normal it's easy and acts normal minus the slippage, if you get on it you bark tires, plus you're talkin ford vs. chevy here lol.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
b&m aint neck snapping, now if you leave all the time to the floor it's a little stiff but not neck snapping, we daily drive with a stage 2 and 3.42's all the time. not a problem, when you take off easy you don't even feel it.

I agree not running a shift kit because you got a shifter is nothing, it's like saying I don't need ****** because even though it's limp it's fat or long or both, lol.

Shift kit firms it up good and makes it very fun to drive. it also helps get rid of the slippage which helps save on that trans. IMO you might as well throw all that power and upogrades out the window if you aint gonna touch the trans. Hell man I'm gonna throw in a stage 2 in my freakin 4x4 that's a stock rebuilt tbi 350.

How could it get old? if you drive normal it's easy and acts normal minus the slippage, if you get on it you bark tires, plus you're talkin ford vs. chevy here lol.
i might just go B&M stage 1

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
says who? I got a junkyard trans unknown mileage, unkonw year, wouldn't move when I first got it with the engine running then finally started pumping fluid and working, threw in a stage 2 from b&m and it stills runs around fine, like brand new. smokes the tires, burns em off into 2nd if you get on it, and chirps 3rd. drive normal when you are easy on the gas, not one single problem it's been over 5 years now.

As for stage 1 haven't tried it. what's weird is I hear guys say not to remove the 1-2 spring because it makes it very harsh and all, but that's what stage 1 calls for, and in stage 2, you stack the plates, drill one hole in the new seperator plate, remove all but one of the bb's and that's it.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
says who? I got a junkyard trans unknown mileage, unkonw year, wouldn't move when I first got it with the engine running then finally started pumping fluid and working, threw in a stage 2 from b&m and it stills runs around fine, like brand new. smokes the tires, burns em off into 2nd if you get on it, and chirps 3rd. drive normal when you are easy on the gas, not one single problem it's been over 5 years now.

As for stage 1 haven't tried it. what's weird is I hear guys say not to remove the 1-2 spring because it makes it very harsh and all, but that's what stage 1 calls for, and in stage 2, you stack the plates, drill one hole in the new seperator plate, remove all but one of the bb's and that's it.

meh, i dont have a clue what im going to do about the shift kit.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well if u got the time and money have the trans gone thu
get the racing clutches,,high intensity band,,heavy duty ****,,then a stage one or 2 shift kit
hell ive got the heavy duty **** and high intensity band in my 700r and thats it and it holds up well to my motor and im pushin round 370-380

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
well if u got the time and money have the trans gone thu
get the racing clutches,,high intensity band,,heavy duty ****,,then a stage one or 2 shift kit
hell ive got the heavy duty **** and high intensity band in my 700r and thats it and it holds up well to my motor and im pushin round 370-380

i would just get my 4L60E rebuilt if i was going to do that.