fan temp switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So im looking for a part, that so far seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to find. Ive found a few leads, but end up with a dead end. Im looking at installing a set of dual ford taurus fans on my 92. Pricing out wiring kits, and its unbeleiveable what they whant for a decent kit! Hell ill just get what i need and build it myself. The problem i run into is finding a thermo fan switch that i want. im really picky about what i want when i work on my truck. And i want one with an actual connector end rather than a male splade. I like having an OEM look for my truck, i cannot stand the fact that it seems like there ENTIRE aftermarket is obsessed with plain ol "male splade connectors" ... Aftermarket relays, off road lights, etc... They all come with male splades... Dont get me wrong, splades do have their uses... Like behind a dash wired to a switch where the connections are unseen, etc. But i for 1 like to open my hood, and it not look like a "hodge podge" of aftermarket. I want a nice clean factory look!

Sorry to rant so long, its late and my ADD goes nuts sometimes... So to recap, im hunting for a fan temp switch, with national pipe threads, closed somewhere in the 195-210° range and open about the 185° range, with a oem style (ford, dodge, chevy,etc dont matter) connecter end with a pigtail NOT a male splade.

Seems like all the research ive done, almost everything out there domestic that comes with factory elec fans. The fans are controlled by the ecm/pcm via input from the collant sending unit. So its turning impossible to find an oem sending unit that opens and closes at various tempurtures rather than stay closed all time. The closest ive come so far is p/n SW555 but i cant find specs on open and close temps. I came across a few that were the same connector end that was 185 closed and 175 open wich is too cool. I dont really care for the connector design with this switch, id like to find one with a connector end like the coolant temp sender on the intake, BUT i know thats probly reaching for the stars.

-Jeff

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think i might have found a possible match for what im looking for... Temp switch for a 98 jeep grnd cherokee 5.9L... However, that part seems to have been discontinued since 2008. Its hard to find specs for temp range on it since its not available in the after market

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never knew those yrs even ran electic fans... Awsome, i will do some lookin into that!