Factory radio wiring question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supermailman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previous owner butchered the radio wiring and even cut the factory connector off. I bought a new one and have almost everything wired up but I have two dark green wires and a green with white stripe wire left. One of the dark green wires I know is for a speaker (right front positive I think? Can't remember) but where do the other 2 go? One of the wiring diagrams I looked at shows the green/white as part of the cruise control/vehicle speed wiring They also removed all of the speakers so I can't test by sound lol. Thanks in advance.

Edit: 95 K1500 as base model as you can get

Last edited:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Radio wiring is all the same between 95-02, heck maybe even 88-02.. One is the VSS sig as you mentioned, for speed-compensated volume control equipped radios. The other is a serial data line that goes down to your OBDII connector. No real use for it tbh. Here's a diagram of the complete system, so you can get it put back the way it should be :)

"FUSE OUT" is the backlighting dimmer signal. If yours doesn't have the remote CD or Tape deck (under the HVAC controller) don't worry about the bottom wires (Tape Ctrl onwards)

You must be registered for see images attach