Factory Alarm Activated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankb714

Reaction score
What's up guys I'm hanging trouble with my 95 chevrolet suburban I replaced a seat and a bad amp ground on my suburban and now I activated alarm system which has the horn going and won't let me start the truck.... i un plugged the seat and eliminated the app from the equation but it still armed. What can I do to disable the factory alarm on my 1995 suburban. Thanks in advance guys.

THEFERMANATOR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What factory alarm? You're dealing with an aftermarket add on. GM didn't put vats in a truck until 97, and even then it was just a passlock system.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What factory alarm? You're dealing with an aftermarket add on. GM didn't put vats in a truck until 97, and even then it was just a passlock system.

That wasn't until '98 actually, but yeah I agree. Definitely not a factory system.

Hydengr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an alarm installed by the dealer after I bought the truck, got divorced and lost my garage back in 1997...

The system that they installed was called VSS-150.

The system has an override button which is silver with a small black plastic end. This is located wherever the installer thought it should be. Originally, they installed it near my left foot (lower driver's side plastic trim) which was short lived since I sheared it off while driving with my hunting boots. They then relocated it under the steering wheel.

To start the truck (and override the alarm) you must push this override in and turn the key. Truck starts immediately and the alarm goes away. However... It does not shut off the alarm and it will reactivate about 30 seconds after you turn the truck's ignition off. There should be another button which is a red light, probably on your dash. This is how you turn the alarm on and off. It flashes in a different sequence whether it is on or off. Immediately after turning the truck off, push the red button (before the 30 seconds and re-arming has occurred). You should be good to go.

FWIW, this system requires keyless entry and a fob too. Opening the door with a key will activate the alarm. The fob gives you ~ 30 seconds to start the truck before it goes off...

Frankb714

Reaction score
sorry for late update fellas, I had a bad ground on an aftermarket amp so I disconnected the amp and ended up removing the module that controls the alarm system from right under the steering wheel. It started up right after removing amp and removing alarm module.