F*** Mice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My certified Lincoln had bad DRL’s that cost $1600 to replace. The entire headlight assembly needed to be replaced.
WHY would you fix Damned Daytime Running Lights?

Every vehicle I own that had them, has had them deliberately disabled.

66 Olds Toronado
I spent days re-wiring the door switchgear (power locks, power windows, in-door warning lights) with new wires running though the rubber bellows in the hinge areas; crimped, soldered, and heat-shrink wrapped into non-corroded wiring at the dash. Removed the instrument cluster, replaced corroded wiring there, too--along with repairing the brass terminals of the cluster itself.

Next spring, none of the locks and windows worked. Had a bunch of sparks by the driver's footwell. Mice--Squirrels-Rats--"something" had stripped the fresh, tender insulation off my new wires; leaving the hard, original wiring alone.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They like ABS pipe too. This was a drain in our camper. We live in this for part of the winter, so it was a big deal.

You must be registered for see images attach

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When we were selling our last home we moved in with our in laws so the home could be empty when it was shown. Before we officially listed it, we forgot to grab some dog biscuits and a mouse moved in and started chewing a hole in the cabinet wall under the sink. So I bought this & it worked like a charm.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WHY would you fix Damned Daytime Running Lights?

Every vehicle I own that had them, has had them deliberately disabled.
It was a warranty claim on a new car and they were flashing on and off which was really annoying. The cost to fix it was high because the entire headlamp housing needed to be replaced. The headlamps use adaptive LED tech which uses servo motors to move the LED’s when cornering. It’s part of the Lincoln embrace if you know what that is.
It’s a cool option and looks good when they’re working properly.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a baby ground squirrel wandering around in my shop - he wandered no more :anitoof:

We really don't have a mouse/rat problem, I have a problem with all of the wild cats hanging around and leaving gastro-intestinal sub-assemblies (mostly birds) all over the front deck. :shooter:

Although I don't mind not having to clean up all the dove excreta :waytogo:

chubbusket

Reaction score
I only had a mouse get into my truck once I found out were it got in. Right by the blower motor there's a cable that runs through the firewall and the grommet likes to wiggle out all the time everytime we had one of these trucks come in and the customer mention mice I'd go directly to that wire/cable I think it's for the entena but not sure anyways 10times out 10 that rubber grommet was out of its place it's a real pain to get it back into place. If you want to make life easier take out your inner wheel well and take off your front passenger tire I put a healthy amount of gasket maker around the edges and pull the rubber grommet back into place and no more mice.
I actually just had the entire front end off the car for rustproofing and restoration with POR15. I made sure to use POR patch to seal up any holes on the firewall. Hopefully that will keep them from ever making such a mess in this truck again.

On another note, I got the dashboard mostly back in working late nights this week and roughly wired up a remote start system. It works but the truck stalls with the key or remote starter, probably because I forgot to reattach some wires somewhere. Either that or the HO alternator I got is not tensioned properly with the old belt.

And I caught another mouse in the garage

chubbusket

Reaction score
I should also add that when we first moved in a wild weasel got into the garage. I was annoyed at first but then found massacred pieces of mice all over the garage. That weasel was a saint. Too bad it moved on before all the work was done... I need to invest in all of these traps that have come up in the discussion. I think a bucket trap is in order here.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Saw a video on YouTube yesterday, a guy that does all kinds of mousetraps. He had a bucket trap in this one, with a roller across it that's kinda stiff as far as rolling. He said if they move too easily the mice won't get on them because they feel it move under them. He caught 26 in one night, by putting peanut butter on the middle of the roller.
He said he had gotten a content warning from YouTube for a similar video using water at the bottom of the bucket; apparently people got upset because they saw the mice drowning! So he euthanized these with CO2 and put them out in the field for predators. Apparently possums really like to eat mice....