F body Torque converters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
The LS motors crank is set back .400 the reason people use the billet spacer. Since I would be doing the opposite would the pilot nub coming off the back of the TC be .400 longer and interfere with my crankshaft?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
The LS motors crank is set back .400 the reason people use the billet spacer. Since I would be doing the opposite would the pilot nub coming off the back of the TC be .400 longer and interfere with my crankshaft?

That's a good question, and a substantial difference. I honestly don't know, I've only ever used the entire newer transmission in front of the older motor, that's how I knew about the kit.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
That's alot of meat to be turning off, he also states that from what he's seen you simply cannot use the newer converter in the older trans.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Ya Im figuring its because of the length difference. Its allot of work that I dont want to do but its a good deal . Hmmmm

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Yes, but does the length difference prohibit you from turning. I mean, you're talking about cutting 1/2 an inch off the front of the converter lol.