Ext cab custom sub box.. any advice???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm looking to build custom box for two Kicker CompVR 12's underneath the backseat of my 94 ext cab. I just need some advice on designs and dimensions. The mounting depth needs to be at least 6.5 inches to fit the subs. Any advice is much appreciated.

Something like this is perfect but the mounting depth is too shallow. Any suggestions? Maybe some sort of riser?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_62617_Ground-Shaker-OCHV-2-12.html

Reaction score
I don't have much for you as far as dimensions go but I would design a down fire box, because someone would kick or I would end up putting something thru a forward firing sub

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I don't have much for you as far as dimensions go but I would design a down fire box, because someone would kick or I would end up putting something thru a forward firing sub

you just have to protect it properly:

You must be registered for see images attach

Granted, it's not mounted under the seat but if three 50-100lb dogs can travel back there and not damage it it works pretty good.....

Keebler

Reaction score
That box also doesn't have enough air space for the compvr12's being that it is only .75ft in each side and the subs need 1ft each (min.) in a sealed box

Elliott

Reaction score
you just have to protect it properly:

You must be registered for see images attach

Granted, it's not mounted under the seat but if three 50-100lb dogs can travel back there and not damage it it works pretty good.....

Is this yours? Cause that's flippin' sweet. I want something similar.

Whitey

Reaction score
I bought the custom fit box from halfpriceaudio, and for the price is not a bad box at all. Just went with the 10" box but filled it with poly-fil. Gives a good tight punch, great for metal and rock. Only down fall is the carpet on it is kinda sh#try. Easy fix.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk